Monday, February 22, 2010

Mason is ONE TERRIFFIC KID!

Last Tuesday I was going through Mason's backpack when I came across the most amazing thing I've ever seen!  An award had been given to Mason for Terrific Kid of the month.  Each month each class chooses one student as student of the month.  And this month Mason got the award!  I was sooooo proud of him for such an achievement, that I cried!!  Two years ago, I would receive a daily report from Mason's teachers and most of the time it wasn't a pleasant report.  Although they were wonderful and working hard to help Mason, he was uncooperative with them and most of the time "naughty".  He would run from the teachers, wouldn't sit still for any length of time, and was mean to his teachers and the other children.  Everytime I would get a "bad" report, I would cry for my son and wish there was something I could do for him!  Now, I sit in front of a "terrific award" and cry again, although this time I cry out of happiness, not out of sadness!!  Let me say, that I've always known that Mason had it in him, I wasn't selling him short,  but I also wasn't sure that others would see his potential like I did.  Mason has had some amazing teachers and therapists over the years.  Each one of them brought something to the table that helped him get where he is today.  His special education teacher this year has gone above and beyond to make Mason's kindergarten year a success!!  Thank you Mrs. Eyre for your patience, your determination and above all, your Love!!!  We appreciate you more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Jodi, I really enjoyed reading through your posts. And what a cute picture of you and Mason! It was great to talk with you tonight and catch up on all the years that have gone by....way to many! I'm glad to know you are back in Utah. We'll have to keep in touch and get together next time I am in Utah :)

    ReplyDelete