Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just a Taste!!!!!

It's 6:30 in the morning, I'm rushing through the house trying to find all of the last minute necessities before I throw Mason in the car, kick him out at daycare (that's a joke btw), stop for my Diet Coke , then drive for 45 minutes to work.  Mason is standing in the middle of the kitchen, motionless, waiting for the minute when I yell "come on Mason let's go to the car, mommy is late".  He is holding his instant breakfast, made with SOY milk when suddenly he somewhat falls asleep and the cup drops from his hands.  The container hits the ground, the cup shatters, chocolate soy milk covers the kitchen cupboards...... and I now have a mess that needs to be cleaned up before I can leave.  Mason tells me "I sorry.... I sorry", and although I want to yell, I look at him with is big green sad eyes and say "it's ok Mason".  So I get the mess cleaned up and have now located another container for another batch of chocolate milk....  as I am shaking the container to mix it up, a quiet voice says "Mom....."   and there is a long pause, and then he says  "There's smart......... and there's KMART smart".  I just started to laugh.....  actually almost cry, because this wonderful little boy, just put a smile on my face when I was thinking the world had just ended :)   and yes.......He may watch too much TV.....  but I can only control so much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment