Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BREAD!!!

Last Sunday, Mason and I actually made it to church on time...   I know that doesn't seem possible, but it's true we are guilty!!  We attend church in a very small building, so there isn't a lot of room.  I like to find a seat in the back on the chapel, so that we don't become some freak side show :)  At least in the back, we don't draw that much attention to ourselves and the older ward member sit in the back with us, so they really can't hear when Mason is talking :)  So, we get there early, but all the back seats are taken...  Son of a Gun!!!!!   After many minutes of Mason telling me that he wanted to sit alone, he spotted an open seat and bolted for it.   Worried that he would run straight to the pulpit and attack the microphone...  I quickly ensued!!  Scene #1 CHECK (only minutes into the meeting)  I grabbed his arm as I caught up to him and swung him sideways as if he were in a turnstyle...   and we both gracefully landed into a seat. Scene #2 CHECK   Of course it wasn't in the back or out of sight..   We were directly in the center of the action.  Then panic set in.  What if he's too loud?  What if he sneezes and snot goes everywhere? (which did happen later in the meeting, but I was prepared!  YEAH mom!)  What if he not so quietly says something inappropriately and the whole ward can hear?  thoughts then turned to... I can do this... I can do this....  The next few minutes went well...   until it was time to be quiet (Sacrament time)! 
(Remember that it is completely silent..  no crying babies..  no coughing grandmas...  SILENCE!!!)

Mason:  (Loudly)  Where's the bread? Scene #3 CHECK

Mom:  (whispering)  It's coming.

Mason:  (Loudly) Do you like bread? Scene #4 CHECK

Mom: (whispering)  Yes I do..  please be quiet Mason!

Then there was about a minute pause in the conversation.....

Mason: (Loudly)  Do you like Pumpkin bread? Scene #5 CHECK

K... I will admit..  I LOVE Pumpkin bread...  But Mason has never had any pumpkin bread..  I have never made it... So where the heck did that come from?

At this point, the folks around us are trying not to laugh... 

The rest of the meeting didn't go much better..  We made plenty of SCENES...  But we were there...  Isn't that all that counts?  :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that story! I do. He is such a sweet boy. I know it has been way too long, but I was peeking in on Misty and Matt's blog and noticed yours. I had to look. I am so happy that you have one and hope you don't mind if I jot it down on my blog and check in occassionally. I think you are amazing Jodi, and have always been so grateful that our paths crossed. You look great and happy and I am so glad to see that life is well for you.
    Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete